Constructing Excellence in Qatar is an initiative to support, develop and promote excellence in delivery across the sector in Qatar to help improve briefing, procurement, employment, integrated design and construction, productivity, sustainability, value, legacy, and more.
Constructing Excellence (UK) and BRE have been encouraged by a number of stakeholders in Qatar to provide a catalyst for this by setting up a new independent not-for-profit organisation to be based and funded in Qatar with the aim for this to be governed and managed by Qatari personnel and working in partnership with Qatar University, the Qatar Green Building Council, and other local influencers.
Challenges and opportunities for Qatar construction
Qatar faces major challenges if it is to deliver the massive construction programmes to develop the infrastructure to support the Qatar National Vision 2030 and the legacy beyond. The cost of the infrastructure necessary for the latter has been estimated at over $149bn with a further $126bn to be invested in housing, schools, hospitals, shopping centres and rail. Also Qatar will be the host for the 2022 World Cup for which a major building programme of stadia and other assets is underway.
To maximise the impact of this investment, challenges and opportunities include:
- Delivery on time and on budget of fit-for-purpose high quality infrastructure,
- Manage high-profile programmes subject to intense international scrutiny,
- Demonstrate improving delivery and sustainable development,
- Showcase existing and future best practices,
- Maximise benefit from this huge investment for the national economy and Qatari people,
- Develop a high-quality internationally-rated Qatar construction industry.
Download our 2-page introductory leaflet.